Sounds amazing, no? I was recently watching Lean Body Lifestyle (AMAZING YouTube Channel by the way!) and came across Michael’s Protein brownie recipe. I decided to give it a try but instead put a coconut twist on it.
After work I was in a baking mood and had a bit of a chocolate craving. I found this recipe met what I was craving and was a great serving size. I made half the serving Michael from Lean Body Lifestyle made since I didn’t have enough ingredients for a full batch. So here is what I did!
2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 cup (4 ounces) of unsweetened applesauce
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons of sweetener (I used truvia, but stevia or splenda would do)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add in the wet ingredients.
2. Dependent on your protein, as every one is different, add some water and mix until smooth yet still thick texture. You can also mix in about 1/4 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut if you wish or you can leave them out.
3. Add to a cake pan. I added mine into a muffin tin as it made portioning easier :).
4. sprinkle with coconut, walnuts, almonds or whatever you please!
5. Pop in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Keep your eye out as some ovens may be a bit different!
This serving made about 5 mini muffin brownies, but you can always double the batch if need be! 🙂