Haven’t posted a recipe in a while, but now that I am following IIFYM I am getting creative in the kitchen! Introducing vanilla protein waffles. PERFECT post workout meal and fairly easy! Now keep in mind, depending on the protein you use, the batter could be more or less liquidy! The batter consistency shouldn’t be too watery, yet it shouldn’t be too thick and dry!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein of your choice (I used Aminogen Lean Dessert Protein – Whipped Vanilla Cream )
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more if you wish) of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Now MIX and POUR into your waffle iron!
I set my waffle iron to 350 degrees and it was done within a few minutes of pouring.
Simple right? Now get creative with your toppings! I topped mine with strawberries and E.D. Smith syrup (yes I know, not super natural but it is my choice :)).
The nutritional information below is just for the waffle. Thought I would include this for my fellow IIFYM-ers. The nutritional information does not include the strawberries!