I know it has been FOREVER. So much has gone on in the last 9 or so months (NO. There is no baby or pregnancy ;)). So how about we start with a brief recap, shall we?
- Matt and I moved to Vancouver. We are love, love, loving it here; however, it has been a huge transition. Bigger than we initially thought.
- We bought a condo! I still cannot believe the neighborhood we will be living in. I am beyond excited to settle in there. But first, we are renovating it. I intend to show the before and after of that process on this blog too! It is an older building (built in the early 90s), and the view is spectacular! I don’t mind it being an older building because that means BIGGER square footage. Really excited to share this space with you all and the vision I have for it. HGTV, Pinterest and all my home renovation shows have prepared me for this moment haha!
- I have been exploring working in different industries that don’t include health and fitness. I was working at one job for a few months when we first moved here and it was a real eye opener for me. I see how difficult it really is to keep a consistent fitness routine while working 40+ hours a week. Especially with a job that requires you to be on your feet all day.
- I am currently at a bit of a loss of what I want to do with my life. I’ve been told it is fairly normal to have a bit of a mid-twenties crisis. Not sure how true that is! I feel pretty lost and frustrated haha! But I am working on it.
- I am about to start a new job soon. I have currently been offered a few positions, which is awesome! However, I hate making hard decisions. I love all the companies/people I met during the interview processes. So I guess it is time to weigh out my options!
- I am exploring the world of meditation and new age spirituality a little bit.
- I haven’t been racing too much. But my brother, Matt and I did run the Rock and Roll Vancouver Half Marathon back in October. HIGHLY recommend that course. Absolutely beautiful! I am also running the Lululemon Seawheeze half marathon in August.
- I traveled a little bit in the last few months. Matt and I went to Vegas for my 26th birthday. I visited my best friend Natalie in her new home in Toronto (can’t wait to go back!). I also got to get away with my brother to Hawaii for a short trip.
I thought I would hop back on my blog, because I truly missed it. I have been wanting to start blogging again, and I figure a post like this would be the best way for me to jump back into things. However, I am going to be sharing much more than just fitness and nutrition on here from now on. Don’t get me wrong, I love to workout and run still. But I feel less inspired to share ONLY that part of my life. This blog represents me, after all. I do want to share everything that excites me and makes me think!
I am on the fence with regards to starting up with my Youtube channel again. I may upload the odd video, but I am not super keen on getting on a consistent schedule with videos. But hey, I’ll never say never.
Thanks for the sweet messages and comments on my various platforms asking if I am okay and if I will ever consider blogging or Youtubing again! It means a lot! I hope the change in content won’t be overly jarring, but my heart is telling me to go from a fitness/health blogger to a lifestyle blogger. Thank you for your support and understanding!