DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way sponsored or affiliated with Vitamix. I made this blog post/YT video because I had many questions on my experience with the blender/was it worth the $$.
Over on the Youtube channel I had a few subscribers ask about what I thought about my Vitamix/is it worth the money. I decided to make a video showing a few of my favorite go to recipes and explain what I thought about it. Click the link above to check out my channel if you wish.
Generally, the Vitamix is pretty pricey. Matt and I ordered off the Costco website and had it shipped to our door. We went with the “Nutritional Centre ULTIMATE” package that retailed for $699.99. This package included:
– A DVD
– 3 different blending containers (2- 4 cup containers- one for wet ingredients, one for dry.. and 1 8 cup container for wet ingredients)
– 3 skinny spatulas
– chopping mats (each identifies poultry, fish, beef, veggies/fruit to avoid cross contamination)
– chefs knife
– plunger like devices to guide ingredients to the blades
What you can do with it:
-make homemade flour
– grind coffee beans
– make smoothies, juices or shakes
– nut butters HELLO!
– sauces, dressings
– have a picky eater on your hands? you can liquify veggies into your sauces to sneakily hide the nutrients into your dinners!
1) The shape of the containers
There are lots of little grooves in the container that can make you lose product. If you took the time to scrape everything out? well good on ya! Personally I find it overly time consuming. May not be a big deal for some, but when working with expensive ingredients like pine nuts? everything counts!
2) The size/heaviness of base
If you are like me, I like a clean kitchen area. The base of most of the vitamix models are a bit heavy and chunky.
3) The noise
I do find the blender to be louder than most blenders, but it is due to the size of the motor in these bad boys.
What I LOVE
It seriously replaces SO many appliances. I don’t need a blender, mixer, coffee grinder, food processor, juicer! The list goes on!
2) Save money
I make so many things from scratch now! I make my own almond flour, quinoa flour, almond butter, pesto sauce, tomato sauce, etc.
3) The Warranty
Vitamix holds a 7 year warranty! Not too shabby if you ask me!
All in all, I TOTALLY recommend this blender to EVERYONE. It is amazing and I use it pretty much 2 times a day or more. However, if the price tag is a bit more than you would like. The Blendtec is a great substitute as well!